- have you ever put the negative in upside down? Yes
- have you ever forgotten to stop the lens down after focusing? Yes
- have you ever forgotten to close the door tight? No, but in my former darkroom there was a crack under the door that needed a throw rug pushed against it -- that I forgot from time to time.
- have you ever forgotten to rinse AND dry your hands before going over to the dry side (sorry, i couldn't resist)? No, but likely only because I wear a glove when sloshing about in the trays.
- have you pushed your chemistry past it's pull date? Only very mildly -- "one more print to do before I quit for the day"
- have you ever missed the stop bath, putting your film in the fix right after development? No, missed that one.
- this is one of my favorites, have you ever forgotten your prints in the wash, leaving them there for a couple of days? Yes
- and can't forget, have you ever left the wash water too warm, remembering just in time to see your print's emulsion peeling away? No, but I did do that to a tank full of Ektachrome once. Does that count?
It's reassuring to hear that photographers whose work I respect klutz it up too.